AMATEUR ATHLETIC WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
(to be signed by all participant families, managers, coaches, league representatives, volunteers, umpires and paid employees)
Please read completely before digitally signing by clicking the button "DIGITALLY SIGN WAIVER" at the bottom of this page:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Homewood Baseball & Softball League athletic sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risks of injury and illness (ex: communicable diseases such as MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19) from the activities involved in this program are significant, potentially life-threatening, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce these risks, the risks of serious injury and illness do exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I acknowledge that I am aware that there are risks to me of exposure to directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to, by, or resulting from:
● An outbreak of any and all communicable disease, including but not limited to, the virus “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)”, which is responsible for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and/or any mutation or variation thereof;
5. In consideration of having the opportunity to participate as either a team member or competitor at location, and in acknowledging that I am aware of and willing to assume the risks associated with this activity, I hereby voluntarily agree to waive, hold harmless and indemnify Babe Ruth League, Inc. and Homewood Baseball Inc. and its trustees, agents, volunteers and employees from any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action of any nature whatsoever arising out of ordinary negligence which I, my heirs, my assigns or successors may have against them for, on account of, or by reason of my participation in the above activities. I indicate my agreement to this hold harmless elective noted below.
6. I willingly accept that if in the case of a communicable disease outbreak, as defined in item 4 above, and the full expectation of a season is not met (reduced volume of games or practices), the league reserves the right to keep all fees paid to cover fixed league expenses for the season to ensure the league’s ability to exist in the subsequent year.